Monday, March 12, 2012

Revamped Lamp!

I had a lamp that was kind of blah. I wanted a new lamp for my desk--something with a bit more color and pizazz. So instead of spending a bundle on a nice new lamp, I decided to revamp the one I already had.

Here's my lamp. Boring. Blah. Uninteresting. The lampshade doesn't even fit in porportion to the lamp. It's in need of a revamp.


So with a little help from my friends Rust-oleum, Design Master, and Krylon...



I taped off (and no, I'm not advertising for Target...but yes, I really love to shop there!)...



And primed, painted, and finished...



And a $10 lampshade from Walmart with a little bit of $1 ribbon from Michael's later...
I now have this.



Ahhhhhh. Much better! Now if I could just give my desk a revamp. Sigh. Another project for another day.
Here's the before and after.



Happy DIY-ing!

 

1 comment:

Susan @ Second Chances by Susan said...

Great job on the new paint job...I love it! What desk is this sitting on?